Senior Data and Workforce Analyst
As a Senior Data and Workforce Analyst you are responsible for utilizing data to assist operation leaders in allocating staffing resources to the business need. On a daily basis, you'll dig into existing inventory, new volume, and available staff to ensure that we are maximizing the utilization of the resources available.
Additionally, you will analyze metrics and KPIs to identify systems and processes to improve the overall efficiency and performance of each team. You will work directly with operations leadership to ensure our metrics and planning processing are ever-evolving and utilizing technology to automate and allow for efficiency wherever possible.
You, as a Sr Data and Workforce Analyst at Snapsheet, are driven by a natural curiosity and a passion for ensuring the optimization of any workforce you interact with. You understand that the development of the best success metrics, tools, labor modeling, and workforce processes will lead to the overall success of any customer-focused organization, and ultimately improves Snapsheet’s relationships with clients and internal stakeholders alike.
Responsibilities of the Workforce and Data Analyst:
- Oversee success in forecasting workload, scheduling resources to the work, and monitoring the real-time performance of staff and workload
- Analyzes and develops weekly recommendations for scheduling and uses staffing requirements and operations schedules to determine required staffing levels to ensure the organization's ability to meet operational commitments
- Creates integrated database tracking tools for staffing shrinkage patterns (vacation, sick, training, etc.) to optimize staffing forecasts
- Analysis and integrity of Operations data to enable and support sound executive decision making
- Provide analytical support, creating visibility into performance opportunities
- Partner with Operations Management Leadership in finding solutions to best balance customer service, employee satisfaction, and cost
- Assist senior operations leaders in the analysis and reporting of performance metrics and trends
Qualities of the Workforce and Data Analyst
- 5+ years in a similar workforce planning and analytics role
- Experience in the insurance industry is a plus
- Successful previous experience working with managers and executives to report workforce analytics
- Strong quantitative and numbers background - Be able to tell a story with numbers, identifying trends and reasons behind the numbers calculated and presented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, production-based, and results-driven environment
- Desire to thrive in a remote environment ripe with opportunities to advance
Benefits & Perks for Snapsheet Employees
- Work from home
- Competitive compensation
- Growth and advancement opportunities with promotion opportunities quarterly
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy
- 4% match on our 401K
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Snapsheet, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Snapsheet is an equal opportunity employer.